+34 913 10 63 63
At Santiago Mediano Abogados, Chris Cooke is in charge of the UK Desk and US Desk. He has extensive experience as a legal practitioner, in which he has worked both in-house and independently. During the first nine years of his career, he worked as a lawyer in London: the first year in litigation and the next eight years as a Director of Commercial and Legal Affairs, both at the European central offices of Warner Bros Filmed Entertainment in London and later at Pathé Productions.
During the last 18 years he has worked in Spain for Santiago Mediano Abogados, where he advises Spanish customers operating or with conflicts abroad, as well as with English and American clients with commercial interests in Spain.
Chris Cooke is part of the Corporate and Commercial Law team at SMA, but also works daily on a wide range of intellectual and industrial property topics. He has extensive experience in the entire field of commercial and corporate law and intellectual and industrial property in the entertainment and retail & fashion sectors.
His services encompass all types of commercial contractual relations; licenses and franchises; structuring of corporate instruments and joint ventures for entertainment and retail projects; business investments and regulating relations among shareholders; distribution, production and sales of entertainment products; management of IP rights; conflict resolution for violations of intellectual property and in contractual relationships; software development and licenses.
Areas of practice
- Commercial and Corporate
- Intellectual and Industrial Property
- Conflict resolution
- Media & Entertainment
- Retail & Fashion
- UK Desk and US Desk
English and Spanish
- BSc in Law from Bristol University | 1991
- Bar Professional Training Course at Inns of Court School of Law | 1993
- Partner at Santiago Mediano Abogados | 2010 – Present
- Associate and Director of International Affairs at Santiago Mediano Abogados | 2003-2010
- Director of Business and Legal Affairs, Pathe Productions | 1999-2001
- In-house lawyer Warner Bros Entertainment Group of Companies | 1994-1999
- Barrister in the Courts of England and Wales | 1993-1994
- Instructor teaching workshops on English Contract Law and International Contracts
- Instructor on the Impact Acceleration Programme at ISDI (Digital Business School)
- Instructor for the Introduction to Digital Law Programme at ISDI (Digital Business School)
- Member of the Bar of England and Wales, 1994
- Member of Inner Temple, Inn of Court, London
- Highlighted in Best Lawyers in the field of Intellectual Property
We are a business law firm, offering multidisciplinary advice to national and foreign companies.