+34 913 10 63 63
Raúl is a commercial lawyer specialising in Industrial and Intellectual Property Law and, at present, is a partner at Santiago Mediano Abogados.
He started his career in 1996 at a family legal boutique run by his father, the prestigious Commercial Law Professor Alberto Bercovitz, combining his work as a lawyer with writing his doctoral dissertation at Complutense University of Madrid.
After its completion, he started working full-time as an attorney, primarily in issuing expert opinions and handling litigation for large companies, the majority Spanish or with subsidiaries in Spain, on diverse issues, mainly on health law, industrial and intellectual property, unfair competition and antitrust law.
His specialisation in the IP sector has been forged not only through his work, but also via articles and publications on this subject and especially through his intensive activity in the Spanish Group of AIPPI, for which he had the privilege of being its president from 2009 to 2013, and where he is still today an honorary member.
In recent years, his work has centred on contract negotiation, preventive and pre-litigious consultancy, as well as preparing and managing litigations, for issues on trademarks, patents, industrial designs, unfair competition and copyrights.
He also has extensive experience in national and international arbitration proceedings on commercial matters, in which he has appeared as an attorney and arbiter and in writing and negotiating commercial contracts.
Areas of practice
- Industrial and Intellectual Property
- Procedural and Arbitration
- Competition Law
- Commercial Contracts
- Media, Entertainment & Sports
- Robotics & AI
English, French and Spanish
- BSc in Law from the Autonomous University of Madrid
- M. from Columbia University in New York
- Doctor in Law (Commercial) from the Complutense University of Madrid Doctoral dissertation on ‘Contributing industrial property rights to the capital of public limited companies’.
- Partner at Santiago Mediano Abogados | 2020 – Present
- Of Counsel in IP Department in Madrid offices of Bird & Bird | 2015-2020
- Partner in Alberto Bercovitz Abogados | 2002-2015
- Associate at Alberto Bercovitz Abogados 1996-2002
- Lecturer in Commercial Law (I and II) in the undergraduate Law degree at the Complutense University of Madrid from 1998 to 2012
- Today, he is a regular lecturer and conference speaker on patents and industrial designs at different universities and institutions
- Honorary Member of the Spanish Group of AIPPI
- Recommended by Chambers and Partners for Patents & Trademarks.
- Nominated in the Best Lawyers directory for Intellectual Property / Litigation.
- Member of the Bar Association of Madrid
- Spanish Group of AIPPI
We are a business law firm, offering multidisciplinary advice to national and foreign companies.
Privacy and cookies policy
/ Where we are
C/ Campoamor, 18
View in map
Rua D. João V, nº 2 – 5º Dto
View in map