English company law – what the Spanish practitioner needs to know
- Wednesday, November 30
- 10:00 AM
English company law in practice for Spanish groups that own or purchase English companies or shareholdings.
/ Topics covered:
- Options for establishing a Presence in the UK:
– Direct operations in UK, with UK VAT registration
– UK branch office
– UK company incorporation
– UK company acquisition
- Key notification and registration provisions of People with Significant Control
- Compliance with routine notification obligations
- Key tools at Companies House for executing company changes
- Shareholders Agreement vs Articles; where to include terms
- The few instances of “Piercing the veil” – when might shareholders be liable?
- Shareholder rights by law
- Constraints on directors and director liability
- Closing of companies – the principal options for closing solvent and insolvent companies.
We are a business law firm, offering multidisciplinary advice to national and foreign companies.