The Public, Government and Regulatory Law department within Santiago Mediano Abogados delivers solutions that enable citizens, companies and government organisations to mutually respect the rights and obligations required of them. This includes eliminating any hint of arbitrariness when exercising public power and setting out the strategic legal plans and actions required to achieve effective results in the shortest possible time. In doing so, the team often needs to combine skills from different areas – whether analysing the viability of projects from a regulatory point of view, putting forward innovative and imaginative solutions, or proposing a coherent legal defence strategy.
This explains the diversity of our clients – individuals, companies, professional and business associations, corporations, universities, public entities, government bodies and so on – as well as the wide variety of sectors in which they operate – from education to health, telecommunications to advertising markets, food, logistics and transport to port activity, insurance, and real estate and construction.
- Advice and involvement in all types of government-related proceedings, particularly on matters of liability for damage caused by public services as well as during sanctioning, expropriation and public procurement proceedings.
- Analysis of the viability of projects and business decisions from the point of view of competition law, acting, if necessary, before Spain’s National Commission on Markets and Competition (CNMC).
- Regular involvement in drafting regulatory procedures, putting forward proposals for regulations that adequately cover the rights and interests entrusted to us.
- In this sector, we regularly act on matters related to the protection of historical-artistic heritage and the public art market as well as the audiovisual, energy and telecommunications sectors.
- We advise and defend civil servants and personnel in the service of public administrations, as well as planning and developing actions for large groups.
- We develop and implement strategic legal action plans for corporations and public entities.
- We provide pre-litigation advice on administrative matters and represent and defend cases in judicial reviews in the courts – including the Court of Auditors and the Constitutional Court.
- We act before the European Court of Human Rights and the European Court of Justice.
We are a business law firm, offering multidisciplinary advice to national and foreign companies.
Privacy and cookies policy
/ Where we are
C/ Campoamor, 18
View in map
Rua D. João V, nº 2 – 5º Dto
View in map